October 2022 is set to become the most exciting and interesting date for Queenslanders interested in local and family history with the fourth Queensland state conference combining family and local history scheduled to take place in the beautiful Redcliffe Peninsula.
Hosted by History Redcliffe and History Queensland, Sands of Time will be held at the Dolphins Redcliffe Leagues Club located in Kippa-Ring on Friday 21st, Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd of October 2022.
This much anticipated event is designed to inspire, challenge, educate and encourage both conference participants and member of the public.
The conference will:
- Bring together those interested in both family and local history
- Be augmented by a free fair enabling the wider community to access resources and ideas specifically aimed at history enthusiasts
- Provide a unique opportunity to introduce your organisation to a broad audience
The program will:
- Provide presentations for family and local historians
- Include keynote addresses covering topics of interest which will highlight the connection between family and local history
- Develop skills in researching family and local history
- Explore a range of information sources
- Challenge and inspire participants in their future research
- Provide significant and beneficial networking opportunities
A trade fair with free access for the general public will run concurrently with the conference in the same building from Friday morning until midday Sunday.
It will provide an opportunity for societies and organisations to promote their products and services, not only to conference delegates, but also to the wider community.